Locations & Directions Wagnalls
The classroom portion is held at Wagnalls Memorial Library’s Community Building in the historical village of Lithopolis (a tiny village just behind Canal Winchester, Ohio).
122 East Columbus St, Lithopolis, Ohio 43136
Google Maps Link:
(We created this video that will show you in under 2 minutes how to get to the library from the Gender Rd & Route 33 intersection.)
Your GPS may take you a different route than the one below; it might have you take High Street through downtown Canal Winchester.
The route below takes the same amount of time but is easier to follow.
The classroom is about 7 or 8 minutes from the Walmart/Kroger/Home Depot shopping area on Gender Rd at Rt33.
2. Follow Gender until it dead ends at the round-a-bout.
3. Go LEFT at round-a-bout onto LITHOPOLIS RD.
4. Continue straight. Lithopolis Rd turns into Columbus Street.
5. You will see a Marathon Gas Station on your right as you enter the village of Lithopolis. (It changes to 25mph)
6. The LIBRARY will be ON YOUR LEFT up ahead inside this little village.
7. TURN LEFT at the stoplight at WALNUT ST to get behind the library to the parking lot.
There is street parking available in front of the library all along East Columbus Street but it is easier to park in the large parking lot behind the library.
Turn at the only traffic light in town onto Walnut St to get to this lot.
The purple star in the picture shows the door you will use to enter the classroom area.
What to Bring
1. Photo ID
2. Food/Drinks/Snacks or plan to buy in class. (You won’t be able to go out for lunch.)
3. Cash or card to pay any balances or for optional items you may decide to purchase in class. (Personal checks not accepted.)
4. *Optional* Your own gun/ammo. (No guns or ammo permitted in the classroom. Leave these items secured in your car until the range time.)
5. *Optional* Your own ear/eye protection. (It’s free to borrow ours.)
AFTER THE CLASS
1. Read the The Ohio Concealed Carry Laws Manual. The state requires that you read this publication before applying for your license.
2. Fill out the OHIO CONCEALED CARRY APPLICATION. This will be turned in to the Sheriff’s office. (As a courtesy we take your photo in class and give it to you for this application. This saves you from the hassle and cost of getting one made.)
3. Apply with the sheriff’s office. (This can be the sheriff’s office in the county you live in or a county that touches your county.) Most require appointments. Some do walk-ins. Your certificate of completion from training is valid for 3 years.
We have provided this info to be helpful. We are not involved in the application process. Any questions regarding filling out the application or the application process should be directed to the sheriff’s office where you plan to apply. Each sheriff’s office does things a little differently.
FRANKLIN – Appointment Required. Appointment is made through their website. 614-525-5090 ***RECOMMENDED — Very Fast Turn Around Time***
FAIRFIELD – Appointment Required. Must call to schedule appointment . 740-652-7321 or740-652-7320
DELAWARE – Appointment Required. Appointment is made through their website. 740-833-2801
MADISON – Accepts Walk-Ins. Hours are Mon-Fri 8:30-3:30. 740-852-1332
HOCKING – Accepts Walk-Ins. Walk-In Hours are Mon-Thur 8am-8pm, Fri 8am-4pm, and Sun 4pm-8pm. 740-385-2131
LICKING – Accepts Walk-Ins. Walk-In Hours are only on Tuesdays & Thursday 7am-7pm. 740-670-5508
(This information for each county is current to the best of our knowledge as of 8/3/2018. If you discover any outdated info please let us know so we can update it!)
I hope you are excited!
It’s going to be a great day!
We have truly tried to think through all the details to make this process as simple as possible for you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Calls and texts come directly to us at 614-503-5214.
We are really looking forward to meeting you!
-Kevin & Alisha Sadeski