Do you live in the Columbus Ohio area and are you interested in learning to shoot a pistol from a women’s perspective? Or maybe you’re already at an intermediate or advanced level shooter and are looking for a fun group to further your skill and knowledge with other like minded women.
Welcome to Columbus Women’s Pistol Shooting Group, Rosie Pistol.
Typically, the first hour is teaching and discussion around the selected topic of the month and the second hour is range time with instructors standing by ready to help you as much or as little as you’d like. You will have fun and learn something new in a low pressure, non-judgmental environment. Ladies of all experience levels from complete beginner to advance participate. Any lady 21 or over is welcome to participate. (Ladies 18 and over can still participate as long as they are accompanied by a lady over 21.)
How to Sign-Up for a Meeting:
Click on one of the upcoming meeting dates to RSVP. Space is limited so don’t delay but also don’t sign up unless if you’re sure you can make it as the $20 registration fee is non-refundable. The Canal Winchester range address will be given after you register.
Click on a date to RSVP:
- April 26, 2018 from 6 pm to 8 pm – Topic: Shooting Fundamentals
- May 24, 2018 from 6 pm to 8 pm – Topic: Cleaning, Maintaining, and Shooting Fundamentals
- June 28, 2018 from 6 pm to 8 pm – Topic: Awareness and Survival
- July 26, 2018 from 6 pm to 8 pm – Topic: Pistol Malfunctions and How To Clear
- August 23, 2018 from 6 pm to 8 pm – Topic: Holster Selection
- September 27, 2018 from 6 pm to 8 pm – Topic: Draw From Holster w/Unloaded Gun and Defensive Shooting
- October 11, 2018 from 6 pm to 8 pm – Topic: Low Light Shooting
Just announced- Online Book Study (We kick off Oct 7 but you are welcome to join in anytime)
This year we’ve designed the training using the USCCA’s book, Women’s Handgun & Self-Defense Fundamentals. This is an awesome new resource from the USCCA. Click on the picture below to see the details on the training resource.
What to bring to a meeting:
- Ear Protection/Eye protection – side shields required (or borrow some of ours for free)
- Handgun(s) if you have one (shooting isn’t required). Rental guns are available for an additional fee
- Ammunition for your handgun (50-100 rounds)
- Extra magazines or speed-loaders if you have them
- Snap caps if you have them
- Water bottle or other drink
- Notebook and pen for notes
- Additional materials listed for each meeting
- Optional Resource – Each training will be designed around the USCCA’s Women’s Handgun & Self-Defense Fundamentals. Click the link for more details.
The women’s group uses Armed2Defend’s covered instructional range in Canal Winchester, OH. Only handguns are permitted on the range and all handguns will be transported unloaded in a closed bag or case and are not to be removed until you are on the firing line and the Range Safety Officer has given you permission to remove your handgun. For safety reasons, holstering of handguns is not permitted on the range (no exceptions).
Pistols are available for rental for only $10 plus the cost of the ammunition. (Ammunition prices vary depending on caliber but range from $10-$22). We have 22lr, 45 Auto, 40 cal, 38 special, 380 auto and 9 mm options available to rent.
Safety is the primary focus in any live fire exercise; therefore any unsafe behavior and/or breaking of the range rules will not be tolerated and will result in removal from the range without a refund.
NRA Certified Instructors:
Rosie Pistol is looking for ladies who are NRA Certified Instructors and RSO’s to assist in the instruction. Instructors and RSO’s who assist at the meetings get to attend for free. If you are interested in becoming an NRA Certified Instructor or RSO, please click here. There are also additional opportunities for instructors to assist in Armed2Defend’s Ohio concealed carry training.